Thursday, March 19, 2015

Transfers- Saying Goodbye to Olney...Hello Carollton MD

March 9, 2015

This last week was really hard. A little back ground first: elder
fisher and I have known that the mission president was going to closedown our area and make it a sisters only area, so we have to prep theward for just the sisters. We also had to ask our investigators andless actives about being comfortable with the sisters and to tell themthat we were leaving...

Our main less active/ investigator (Endres) was the hardest... Shegave both of us gifts our last day there which was extremelydifficult:/

Then we get to transfer meeting, and they announce that elder fisherand I will remain comps and open a new area that is a very slow areafor missionary work. We are hoping to get things started and rollingagain here in the Carrollton ward. We were both shocked that we stayedcompanions but very happy as well. So yesterday we met the ward andthey were very very happy to have elders back. Now there are 9missionaries in the ward: 2 English sisters, 3 French sisters, 2elders and a senior couple!


Really quick update bout my physical well-being, my ankle isn't doingwell at all. I've noticed that it's becoming difficult to stand for ashort period of time as well as walking. I am doing my best to keepfocused on missionary work but the past couple of days, I could notfocus because of the pain I'm in. Please keep me in your prayers..
Thank for all you have done for me especially the support. I love youall, and have a fantastic week!


Love you all-
Elder JT Ekberg

No comments:

Post a Comment