Monday, April 21, 2014

5 MONTHS- HOLY COW!!

April 14, 2014 

This week has been pretty hectic for me. Not with missionary stuff but
with emotional and personal things that I am doing my best to
overcome. Being away from all the people I love is hard but I know
that I am out here because all the love you have shown me and the
least I can do to repay all of you is to be serving The Lord.


Going back to missionary work, we are slowly becoming more and more
busy. We have been working a lot with the less actives in the ward.
With the spring and the less actives projects they have, we have a lot
of service days for them. I really like helping them out because we
get to get out of our missionary clothes! :P the most recent of those
we are seeing and that I really like, are the Gardners. They live
close by the Patuxent river and the husband said he would take us
fishing out on one of the local docks :) I really miss fishing...

This last week, we went to Sister Margolis' home for lunch and pretty
much had a party! She made like a hash brown crisp kinda thing. It was
pretty good. We thought that was all she was going to feed us, so we
were like uhhhh is this all? Then she pulled out the bubba burger
which are some pretty big patties LOADED with meat and oh. My.
Goodness. I was in heaven! The only thing that was missing was a nice
coke and some of my homemade hash browns... And maybe a steak too.
Hahahaha! While we were there, she asked us if it would be ok if she
took us to downtown DC aka the national mall today. So that is what we
did today! We went to visit the national archives and to see the
cherry blossoms (which they all fell of due to the wind so it wasn't
that great but still was pretty fun). I got to see the original
Declaration of Independence, the bill of rights, and the constitution.
I felt like I was in the movie national treasure!


OH AND I HIT MY 5 MONTH MARK YESTERDAY!! holy cow!

And Just a reminder, all letters can be sent to my apartment address (4670
Prestancia Pl #108 Waldorf, MD 20602) till about the first week in
May. Don't send anything after that because I won't get it. Any
packages send to 11700 Falls Rd Potomac, MD 20854

Thank you so very much and I love you all!

Elder JT Ekberg


No comments:

Post a Comment