Monday, April 21, 2014

April 7, 2014



April 2nd was transfers and I am staying in my 1st area still. Coming up on 5 months being out. Elder treasure is also staying here too. We got a new Zone Leader Elder Rushton. He is from Oregon and plays basketball too.
Friday I went on exchange in the city because my companion had a leadership training meeting. So I spent most of friday biking around with a cool missionary named Elder Elliot, he was in the group that came out with me from the MTC. Anyways, he gave me a tour of the city and told some cool things that go on down there (other than drugs... Just kidding haha). When the kids get out of school, they ALL go to the courts and play ball. Basketball is SUPER BIG in that area. There is a place called Berry Farms, and that is where Kevin Durant grew up! I was hoping we would get a chance to go down there and play with the kids, buuuuuuutttt we didn't :( 
We had an appointment with a guy named Oscar, and word on the street was that he gives out hats and pairs of sunglasses to missionaries who come visit with him. He gave me a hat that said Yokohama and then gave a war story about that place. Oscar gave me the nickname of 'smiley' because i smile alot. haha he is a cool guy!
Then friday night we went back to our area for dinner appointment. For our spiritual thought, the kids taught us how to play lacrosse. It was fun but basketball is more fun! haha. The kids were telling the parents how good he thought I was at lacrosse. He was like you should play lacrosse!! That family is awesome. 
Sunday was conference and I had a lot of questions and prayers that I need help with. Some got answered and some didn't and that is ok. My favorite talk from this conference was President Monson's during priesthood session. My favorite quote from that is "Just be the same person in the dark that you are in the light."
What was your favorite conference talk?
We watched all the sessions of conference at members homes except the priesthood session which we watched at the chapel.

Hope you have had a great week last week and i hope you will have another great week this week

PS. Thank you to those who have written me I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment