Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Pretty Great Week!

January 7 2014
I forgot to bring my planner to email today so I am really sorry if it is a short email! :( 

This week we had our first lesson with Bro. Brian Topper!! It went SUPER! In the lesson, we get to tell Joseph Smith's passage about the First Vision. And guess who got to do it?? Mhmm me! it was a great experience. I missed a few words here and there but you could still feel the spirit. Closing up the lesson was tough because 1) his wife was trying to explain everything we said to him and was starting to confuse him. and 2) because he asked so many great questions and comments! BUT when we did actually start to close, we committed him to be baptized on February 9th!! HE IS GOLDEN! I am very excited!!

 Another investigator we have is still struggling to let his wife to let him be baptized. She is a strong catholic and doesn't want him to be baptized... He hasn't believed in the catholic church. Like Brian, he has been confused on a ton of things with catholicism (?) So it's pretty tough getting him without the support of his wife. Hopefully soon she will let him! :)

Well, I've been wanting to play a ukulele and I got one! It is kind of like guitar but minus 2 strings and a little higher pitch :) I have been trying to teach myself and so far it is going pretty great! It's tough to hold because i am so big and the uke is soooooooooo small haha. but i like it :) 

I hope you all are having a great time back home or wherever you might be! The Lord will ALWAYS be with you wherever you may go! 

Love you all!! 

Questions for the week:
Favorite spiritual experience:
-When I asked Brian Topper to be baptized. I felt the spirit so strong and it just... happened i guess you could say!! 

Favorite p-day activity: 
Lately we have just been around Waldorf, MD because we dont have a ton of miles now from driving to the VC three times at the beginning of the month... :( so we go to the gym, shop if we need to and go play basketball. We played ball today and I worked on a two-handed slam! i haven't quite gotten that down but it is coming slowly but surely :)

1 comment:

  1. You definitely know the Spirit is there when you can feel it yourself! It's a wonderful feeling to be an instrument in the Lord's hands!

    BTW awesome photo! Is that a fish-eye lens?

    ReplyDelete