Saturday, January 25, 2014

BONJOUR!!

January 13, 2014
This week was a slow but good week.
Monday we had a dinner with our bishop and his wife invited her friend's family over for dinner and to visit with the missionaries. Jen is a string catholic that didn't really believe in catholicism until she married her husband. We talked to her about her family and her beliefs, then asked her if she wanted to do family history work. She agreed and said that her dad was really into that so a seed has been planted!.

 Wednesday I went on exchange with our district leader and had a great time! We checked up on a ton of Part Members and Less Actives that we couldn't find addresses to at first. While finding these people, we found someone who is looking for a church! We gave her our number and told her we would check back next week! It was great!

Thursday's dinner was interesting haha. We went to Hibatchi (?) Sushi grill with one of the counselors in the bishopric.. I had a lot of chicken bites, macaroni, pizza, and sugar donuts haha it was pretty good! No sushi for me! ;) 

Friday we had another lesson with our Solid investigator who is now doing REALLY well with the word of wisdom! He is still on the road for baptism on the 19th of Feb! so cool to see the many people God is Preparing for this mission!

Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 11-18: Because in these chapters, it talks about what Christ taught to the Nephites when he came to the Americas! So much Spirit in those chapters!!

Spiritual Exp: Sunday. We had a brother from the Bowie ward come and speak to us and his talk was basically about him growing up in an abusive home and how the church/missionaries changed his life. He bore his testimony of Joseph Smith and, I'm not going to lie... but I did get a little choked back. The Spirit was SUPER strong yesterday! LOVED IT!

OH! and I also am trying to pick up Francais again! I am somewhat excited!!

Hope y'all have a good week!! 

Love you all!!

Elder JT

Here are some pictures.  Story behind this....we were playing basketball and I was doing some self alley-oops and one of them was really short and I threw the ball, and my index finger hit the front of the rim and kinda split... it was really fun though! 
 I felt the wonderful impression of working on my 2 hand dunk! Well, i got it but also got scraped up from the rim.  And my French Book HAHAHA!!  Elder Duck Dynasty!!





No comments:

Post a Comment