Sunday, February 15, 2015

Miracles, Basketball & Hot Chocolate

I LOVE THE DC TEMPLE!!
Last Monday, we had dinner with our bishop, and let me tell you, he is
a very cool guy. He has a really big house for just him and his wife.
He also has a very keen eye focused on missionary opportunities and
loves service. Elder fisher was telling me that we are very lucky to
have gotten a dinner with him due to his busy schedule with work and
being the bishop.

Wednesday we had district meeting! Our district Is like a mini zone, I
kid you not.. We have 4 missionaries in the olney first ward, 4 in the
olney 2nd Spanish ward, 4 in the derwood ward, and 2 stake senior
sisters. So, our workshop was on a section out of preach my gospel
called listening to everyone. Then we did some role plays on listening
and addressing concerns of investigators, members, and others as well.
Every Wednesday evening, there is basketball at the church. And I
can't express how bad I want to play... Anyways, so we go over and
Timmy, one of our investigators, brings both of his inactive brother
in laws and two friends from his work. No ward members showed up so it
was the missionaries, an investigator, 2 nonmembers, and 2 less
actives!

Thursday was interviews with President and Sister Cooke at our stake
center. And those were probably one of the fastest interviews I have
had with them! They both asked me how I was doing, how the area is, if
I liked my companion. But we did receive news about our area...
Because of how slow things have been the past little while (before I
was here), President is thinking of closing our area at the end of
this transfer... :( which sucks because we love the ward, and we are
so close with the Endres family.. :(

Friday was a miracle Friday!! We were weekly planning and at the end,
I prayed for a teaching miracle to happen soon. So, since all of our
appointments cancelled, we were going to go to do some online at the
church when the sister missionaries called us and asked us if we could
help them out and go over to a members home to answer questions for
their nonmember friend, because they had something come up. So that
was a major blessing!!! :D

Saturday was an alright day. We did a finding activity at a mall close
by in our area, giving out free hot chocolate and pass along cards. We
were finishing up, when a security officer came over and basically
told all of us missionaries that the next time we do that, we need
permission from the store we are at (which we got) and also the
property owners OK. While he was talking, we was looking directly at
me which freaked me out.. All I did was give free hot chocolate to
people! :/

Then Sunday elder fisher had two performances: one in sacrament- he
played be still my soul on the piano which went really well! And the
other was a vocal performance at the VC with three other elders! He is
very musically talented.

I hope you all have a great week and that hopefully I get to hear from you!

Love you all! :)


Elder JT Ekberg

No comments:

Post a Comment