Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sweet Experience at the VC...more snow.

Hey y'all! 
Hope you have had a good week. We had a very interesting week you could say. Wednesday, we had a sweet experience with one of our investigators named David. We took him to the visitors center with a member to see meet the Mormons! David said he enjoyed it a lot, and that his favorite stories were the missionary mom and the navy football coach. (If you haven't seen it, go see it!) Afterwards, we took him around the center showing him the different areas and talked to him about some of them. He did ask a lot of questions as well, so he seemed very intrigued. 
Thursday we had dinner at the
Taggs, who are members and they have a son who is on a mission. They are super awesome and love helping missionaries out with anything and everything! After dinner there, we celebrated their daughters birthday and had some pretty amazing peanut butter and Reece's chocolate cake. That was soooooooooooooo delicious!! 
Friday, we had another dinner with a member and their family. So my first Sunday here in olney,one of their kids named Duncan commented on my pink tie that I was wearing... So just for him, after our lesson, I signed my pink tie, and gave it to him after the lesson :) now this is wear things get very interesting. Saturday we were over at the Chester's for dinner. They have a son who is out serving a mission in Brazil and we were looking and brother Chester's mission pictures and we found that him and his son look exactly like each other. IT WAS CRAZY! 
Then, we get a call-out from the AP's saying that with the snow storm, we have to be in our apartment asap. So we had to leave :( then they cancelled church today due to the high winds and bone chilling temperature... So we have been inside for 2 days and now tonight, it is supposed to snow 4-8" and we will probably be in all day 
Tuesday and maybe Wednesday if the weather keeps up like this. 
As for my ankle, I am in some kind of pain. It's not extreme, but it is a lot and it is affecting my walking. I am going to therapy so I am hoping that that will help somewhat... If not I am not sure what to do. Please keep me in your prayers as always. I appreciate all the support you have given me and help as well. 

Have a great week with amazing temperatures :P 
Love you all! 

Elder JT Ekberg

During the snow storm, our power went out for like 4 hours, so we played bang! and then made this video... 

No comments:

Post a Comment