Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Greetings!!

So my first transfer is almost over already.... I don't get how time is moving so fast right now! It is crazy fer sure!! 

This week has been full of surprises. Monday we went over to our Bishop's house for dinner and for a Q&A type of night with their friends who recently lost a loved one. At the end of the discussion (Bishop was leading it for the most part), Bishop Vance asked to share my testimony on prayer because that was the topic we were currently on. I got to share my experience of over the summer with my ankle and the college. 

Long story short for those who don't remember, I was blessed with an opportunity to go to a college for basketball scholarship. The Friday before I left, I "rolled" my ankle (found out it was fractured about 3.5 months later) at a trampoline bounce house. It was hard to walk after that night. So I head out to Encinitas, California and the first two days of the camp was brutal and excruciating for me. I was saying prayers in my heart and every night since. The third day and fourth days I had some pain but it was minimal and I was able to play more. The coach, after one of the drills, came over to me and asked me if I was LDS and if I was serving a mission. I told him I dont know right now. He then told me that he served in Brazil and how much that has changed his life, so he encouraged me to pray and talk this over with my father. I did. I prayed so much. The next morning, The coach asked me again and I said "...after praying and discussing it over, I will be serving a mission." right as I said that I was filled with peace and explain to the two potential investigators that the peace they feel is the Holy Ghost bearing witness to them and making them feeling calm. IT WAS AWESOME!

  Wednesday, we had another opportunity with MORE interested people! Again after a dinner appointment! We shared a message about Jesus' birth in Luke 2. The investigators were intrigued I think and our dinner appointment said that on Monday (today), he is going to invite them to take the missionary discussions!! Can't wait!

And then yesterday, we went to an investigators house who we thought dropped away... BUT HE WAS HOME and we got to see how he was doing. He is in the middle of some predicament with his daughter and will be going to court to sort things out... :( Right now he is still interested in learning more about our church and will be coming to church this Sunday!!

Very interesting week! 

I hope you all have a very, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 


~Elder Ekberg~

Update on JT’s ankle- he said it is feeling much better.  He is ‘deciding’ to take it easy on it for a while.  Let’s hope so!
He is doing really well and he loves his companion.  He would love to hear from you- even if it is a quick email saying hi and maybe a few basketball box scores!

We love him and are looking forward to doing the Skype thing on Christmas day!!  Love this kid!!

We asked JT a few additional questions:

Favorite meal this week:  roast and funeral potatoes last night :)
Funniest experience this week:  Wed, we went to Sister Margolis' house where we made wreaths and such. when we were leaving, she gave us homemade fudge. Elder Gardner didn't eat his when we got home so he gave it to Elder Gilbert who is trying to watch what he eats and his comp, E. Loveless, is like.. I don't know. you can say "motivating" him. So Gilbert is in the other room with the fudge and Loveless is in Gardners and I's room and we hear Gilbert moaning! we go in and he has a piece fudge sitting on his chest and is slowly chewing on a finished piece! Loveless got some fudge out but then we snuck him another piece! it was pretty funny!! 
What are you doing for Christmas Eve:  Christmas eve we have to be in our apartments by 2 but we can still go to dinner.
What are you doing for Christmas Day:  Christmas Day we will be going up to the temple's Visitor’s Center and have a mission party :)
Advice for your friends and family for Christmas:  Read, Pray and Search diligently. Pray for help to seek missionary work in your lives. Missionaries aren't good unless we have the help of the members!!!!!

This is a picture JT took at Sister Margolis' house- it is on the Potomac River- has a private boat dock- pretty cool!!



No comments:

Post a Comment