Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 2 = Chicken for Dayzz!

We received the standard email today for JT's P-day, and we also were surprised to get a handwritten letter last week! His penmanship wasn't that bad. Here are some excerpts:


11/30/2013
Thanksgiving was good- we had a great dinner appointment.  We had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, beans home made rolls. For dessert, there were 4 pies!  Chocolate, pecan, Pumpkin and Pumpkin cheesecake.  There was also apple crisp-  I had the apple crisp!
Since I have been in DC, it has been pretty cold.  it snowed once but because it was not so cold, it didn't stick...There are no mountains, so I get lost really easily now!  At night it is pretty clear and you can see a lot of stars.  Reminds me of Utah up at Moon Lake.
We exercise every day.  I have a rubber exercise band.  We attach a bouncy ball to it and shoot it at the ironing board- pretty funny.

12/8/13
Tender mercies- The bishops wife sent Deanna a text of a picture she took of JT and his companion at the ward Christmas party.  It turns out she grew up in Cottonwood Heights, went to Brighton (graduated in 1999) and knows our wonderful Elders Quorum President- Aaron Roundy.  It is a small world!  She said they put him to work, and he and his companion are very helpful!  






12/9/13

WOW- week 2 is in the books!! man is time flying by! I cannot believe it has almost been a month since I have been out! O.o sooooo crazy!! 

anyways! we've been getting to know our ward more and more. We have some very nice people I was kinda surprised. Lots of dinner appointments but we dont have one for tonight... HASH BROWNS AND STEAKS TONIGHT!!! ;) haha our district has been going to one of the local gyms here in Waldorf and i have bulked up a bunch!! Crazy fact: When I entered the mtc, I weighed 175lbs. Guess how much I am now??! 195! I am proud for pushing and building myself and doing work! :) 

Saturday was our wards Christmas Party and they know how to feed people... chicken for dayzz!! there was so. much. CHICKEN!!! and lots of cake and goodies too ;) I will attach pics of the cool nativities in a few emails so sorry in advance!! 

Sunday are church got cancelled for all the ice that was on the road. No one out in our area can drive on the ice or snow.... Noobs! Sunday we just read the book of Mormon, played a few bored game and we also had a quick wrestling match.. That's what happens when you tell missionaries to stay in their apartments! haha  

And for P-day today I got a jump rope and a RC helicopter for kicks and giggles hehe :) I am such a little kid still... It's awesome! anyways I LOVE YOU ALL!!! 

Proverbs 25:25

Love,

Elder Ekberg

We were able to share a couple of emails back and forth today.  He shared the following with us-
Question- What has been the best & most challenging as you have been in the field for a couple of weeks?

I am enjoying studying which is weird because... well I dont like to study! but because its mostly BoM (Book of Mormon) and PMG (Preach my Gospel) and its the only two things we are focusing on to study haha i'm starting to like doing it. I am finding a lot of inspirational scriptures that i like which is good! and not enjoying much of the no tracting thing because everyone is getting home so late from work everyday. 

I love you and tell mom I love her too. and sisters.

...Love you too son!


No comments:

Post a Comment