Wednesday, March 19, 2014

PB is a MESS!!

March 10, 2014


Tuesday after our lame snow storm, we were able to go out and use
our cars. We had dinner with a recently reactivated Less active who is
really cool. We learned that he was in the army and that he likes to
blow things up :) He said that the next time we are over, we might do
something like that... ;) His family is super cool!!
   We also did a Peanut Butter challenge... I don't recommend doing
that at all.... You get so sick of PB :/ I couldn't get past the half
way mark in the jar. For how much I eat, thats pretty sad haha.
   If you don't know already, I have had some issues with my ankle the
past couple weeks. So at first, I thought that the pain I was getting
was from some exercises I was doing for basketball... But that is not
the case. Today I went in to the doctors and had some xrays and
examinations done. The doc said that I have a bone that grew from the
previous fracture and previous rolls to that ankle. The bone is coming
from the leg bone (don't know what it is called) and is pinching and
irritating nerves and tendons. I will be getting a CT scan for the
doctors to make sure it is that, and then go about fixing the problem.
I don't know what he will say after, but I am hoping that we can get
this taken care of. I appreciate you all thinking and praying for me
during this discouraging time.  Right now I am on crutches to
alleviate the pain in the ankle. They are a pain! But they are good
too.
   Friday we had the first New Member Lesson with Brian Topper. He is
doing so well already. He is working towards getting a recommend for
Baptisms for the Dead and will be doing some family history work so he
can take some names to the temple! SO NEAT!  Yesterday he blessed the
sacrament for the first time, and he sounded like a natural! He
didn't seem nervous whatsoever. It was super cool!
   Saturday, I was asked to do a little basketball skills camp for the
11 yr old scouts. That was a fun time even though I couldn't
participate with them. At church, I had a couple of parents come up to
me and say like "you must've inspired so and so because when he got
home, he went straight to the basketball hoop and started practicing
the things he learned!" or "my son said that you are a great coach and
just talked about you until we got home" things like that. I think the
next one we do, will be with non member neighborhood kids that LOVE
basketball. I need to come up with some more drills!! :D Well that was
my week, and please, pretty please, keep me in your prayers!

I love you all! Have a marvelous week!!

Elder JT Ekberg

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment