Monday, March 24, 2014

Such Wonderful News!!

This week was hard for me. But I pulled through. I went to the doctors today to go over the CT with the doc.. The pictures (he let me look at them) showed that there is no bone growth that is causing the pain. He said that it is a sprain and I should be good to go in 1-2 months. I was really really happy :)

Tuesday, we picked up two new investigators! They are catholic but they haven't been for a long time hahaha. When we first talked to them, we gave them a brief intro to the church and how it was restored through Joseph Smith. The wife asked some good questions and agreed for us to come by later in the week. We went by to their house on Saturday to see if they still wanted to learn more. When we went by, she was working on her midterm that was due at the end of the night and she said that her husband was asleep. So we gave her the movie of the Restoration and invited her to read it by the time we come back. She committed and we will follow up! :)

We are teaching Brother Topper the new member lessons and we just finished the Plan of Salvation
with him! He is still SUPER strong in the gospel. Literally, he wants to do everything right now haha. He has found a family name to do Baptisms for the Dead for, has blessed the Sacrament a couple times now, AND he spoke in church yesterday! His talk was about how inviting someone to do something impacted his life. When he talked about his conversion, he said that it started a long time ago when he married his wife. A seed was planted from her. Then he got invited to work on the remodeling of the Visitors Center up at the temple. And then, when he got invited to be baptized was the biggest and boldest invitation he has received. He mentioned how bold I was when I invited him and told that story. (To be honest, I teared up a little bit...) He is so AWESOME! He comes and plays ball with us on saturdays too! 

Spiritual Exp. for the week: If you have time, I STRONGLY encourage you to read "Be Ye Converted" by Bonnie L. Oscarson. 

I'd like to give a shout out to all those who have written me the past couple of months, and I just wanted to thank you for all you do. Thank you and I love you!

I am looking forward to hearing back from you guys soon, whether it be email or a letter! Thank you for all your prayers and supporting me and I hope you will have a FANTASTIC WEEK!!! I Love You All!!!! :)
--
~Elder Ekberg~


1 comment: